/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Jon's MENSA Question of the Day

--posted by JRJ on 9/21/2005

This brief old-fashioned verse will give you an appropriate word.

My first is in father but not in dad
My second in lass and also lad
My third is in low but not in we
My last in live but not in be
If in my whole no one believes for thirteen weeks I'll give you leaves.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dave said...

The word is FALL.
The first letter could be F, T, H, E, or R.
The second letter is A.
The third letter could be L or O.
The fourth letter could be L, I, or V.

So there are 30 possible combinations of these letters:
FALL, FALI, FALV, FAOL, FAOI, FAOV,
TALL, TALI, TALV, TAOL, TAOI, TAOV,
HALL, HALI, HALV, HAOL, HAOI, HAOV,
EALL, EALI, EALV, EAOL, EAOI, EAOV,
RALL, RALI, RALV, RAOL, RAOI, RAOV

So the only possible words this could be are FALL, TALL, and HALL. Of those three, FALL is the only one that fits the clues.

October 24, 2005  
Blogger Tony said...

Holy crap...that is more work than I was willing to put into it.

Thanks for participating!!!!

October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home