/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Blog Changes

--posted by Tony Garcia on 6/02/2005

A couple of changes that are coming.
First: I have turned off the Anonymous Comments. While most of the onerous ones have come from College Republicans everyone has to suffer.

Second: I will be experimenting with some indexing of the posts. You may have noticed pictures at the top of many posts. Those are to help people easily find a post on various subjects. I hope to eventually have a directory of those pictures and in the meantime there may be some side effects. People who use RSS feeds to read this blog may occassionally get posts that have really old dates (or at least dates a few months past). I apologize for that, but it is part of the experimentation to make this blog a more useful tool for information, opinions and enlightenment.

Third: I am trying to figure out how workable a 3-column format is. When I do get one published please let me know how it works in your browsers!

As always I welcome feedback on design and layout. I will not necessarily reply and I will not debate them, but the ideas and feedback are 100% welcomed.

Thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

I don't want to thank you for the comments on my blog, but I do want to say I like the 3 column, and I like the picture deal, but you should consider this idea I just had. Have a regular 2 column, then have your pictures at the foot of the page.
1
1
1
---------

So you have something like that. a footer if you will.

June 06, 2005  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

marty, that is a cool idea...i will try that too. Another suggestion i received was to use a white background (instead of the grey) to make the pictures blend better.

June 07, 2005  
Blogger Marty said...

Fraters and Captain Ed both use three column, which looks okay, but I like the two column of Mitch's and SCSU. And changing the background color is something to play around with for sure.

June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home