/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

--posted by Tony Garcia on 8/30/2005


I was reading some of the overdone coverage of Hurricane Katrina and something in this story struck me.
"I'm not doing too good right now," Chris Robinson said via cellphone from his home east of the city's downtown. "The water's rising pretty fast. I got a hammer and an ax and a crowbar, but I'm holding off on breaking through the roof until the last minute. Tell someone to come get me please. I want to live."
I heard quite a few different stories about different people in the same situation. Each time this thought entered my head: You are a moron for not evacuating.

Natural selection is a good thing.

-----------UPDATE----------
I understand that there are people that are trapped because of the levees failing. I am only this crass about the people who were "not doing well" DURING the hurricane. Though, truth be told, there should have only been people in the Superdome. I feel badly for other people who were trapped but were UNABLE to leave during the evacuation orders. Those who denied leaving deserve to perish in their home or swim to safety. We should not be wasting resources to rescue them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home