/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Monday, October 24, 2005

World Series 2005

--posted by Tony Garcia on 10/24/2005

I know, I know...I'm a little bit late with this. But none of the information I provide is different here after Game 2 than if I wrote this prior to Game 1.

The White Sox have been resting for quite some time. The Astros limped into the World Series. Granted the Astros beat what was the best team in the playoffs, but the Cardinals were the MBL 2005 version of the Walking Dead during October.

Can the Astros slay the 2nd best team in MLB?

Basically the White Sox were the strongest team in the playoffs once you factor in the Cardinals injuries. Since the Astros barely got past the Cards I am tempted to say that the Astros are facing an uphill climb.

TradeSports.com odds of the White Sox winning the World Series (before Game 1) was around 70%. I thought that was low and put my money where my thought was. I also put my money on the Sox winning in 4 or 5 games.

Congrats to the state of Texas for getting your first World Series...better luck next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home