/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Friday, June 30, 2006

World Cup 2006 Quarter Finals

--posted by Tony Garcia on 6/30/2006

Beginning a few minutes ago was the first of the Quarterfinal matches. Here are the matchups and my non-soccer-following predictions.

vs
It is not outside the realm of possibility that the winner of this match will win the World Cup. Many people are giving Germany the "home pitch" boost in their predictions. My drive to support the underdog is leading me to pick Argentina here.

vs
Two decently strong teams...however I believe it is all in vain. The winner of this plays the winner of the Germany-Argentina match and I don't believe either of these teams will stand much of a chance. My pick here, nonetheless, is Italy


vs
England or Portugal? Hmmm, I'm going with England if for no other reason than the fact that their fans have already had rioting. That was because of Germany's performance earlier (don't ask, I don't understand that fact) and it would be fun to see England's fans in the same stadium for the finals as the German fans. My pick: England.

vs
Easily this game is Brazil's. I have read in a number of places that France was among the bottom feeders of this tournament...and somehow they made it to the quarterfinals. That alone is impressive. However, the three favorites to win the whole tournament are Germany, Argentina and Brazil. Brazil has some of the most exciting players to watch. Edge is big for Brazil and they are my pick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home