/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Friday, July 07, 2006

World Cup Finals

--posted by Tony Garcia on 7/07/2006

I missed posting on the semi-finals. Suffice it to say that both of my predictions would have been wrong. That puts my record at 7 out of 14 correct. Not bad...until you look at the round by round.
Round of 16: 6 of 8 (with 2 for 2 on coin flip decisions)
Quarterfinals: 1 of 4
Semi-finals: 0 of 2.

I seem to have the kiss of death in this tournament...the teams I pick in a game that I don't care for win, but the teams I pick in games I am interested in lose.

The final is vs

Well, I'm interested in the Finals, I want France to lose, and I want to be above 50%. I think I will pick France to win the World Cup. If they lose I will be happy because they lost. If they win I will be satisfied because my record will be over 50% in a sport that I know nothing about.

And the 3rd place game is Germany vs Portugal. vs
No predictions because I find these games pointless. They are like trying to win a fantasy football game with players in Week 17 of the NFL schedule...who knows who will play and if they will play full speed. I find 3rd place games to be a waste of time. You lost, go home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home