/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Was There Any Doubt That He Knew

--posted by Tony Garcia on 10/24/2012
We knew it was just a matter of time before some evidence of come out. Every since the attacks on the Embassy in Benghazi and the nearly two weeks of denying the fact that it was a coordinated terrorist attack most of us the paid attention to this kind of thing knew that Obama new about the attacks at some point. Make that at some point very early on.

Eating some of that suspicion, and I admit that this is probably not as fair as it should be, is the fact that I do not trust Obama any further than I can throw him upwind. To be fair, there are not many politicians at the national level that I trust any further than I can throw up wind.

Now we have the inevitable leak of the emails that show Obama and the White House actually did know that it was a terrorist attack and that a group linked to al Qaeda was claiming responsibility.
The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time - or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began - carried the subject line "U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" and the notation "SBU", meaning "Sensitive But Unclassified."

The text said the State Department's regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was "under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well."

The message continued: "Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four ... personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support."

A second email, headed "Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi" and timed 4:54 p.m. Washington time, said that the Embassy in Tripoli had reported that "the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared." It said a "response team" was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.

A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: "Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack."
Okay, so the emails show that there was a coordinated attack, but they don't show that the White House knew or that they were even recipient on those emails. Ah, but wait. There's more.
The records obtained by Reuters consist of three emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of September 11. [Emphasis added]
I am not sure what I believe is the worst part of this. There is the fact that the President has been lying about what he knew and that's bad. There is the fact that there are the lemmings across the nation who will believe that the President is innocent in all of this. That is just scary. And I mean scary in the sense that people are so stupid to believe that there is nothing wrong with what is going on. There is the fact that we have a "leader" who doesn't respect the people on the ground enough to try to protect them, or who doesn't respect enough the military who would do the protecting enough to help with their lives being in danger. Instead he acts like it is just politics as usual.

That is just pathetic.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home