/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Sunday, April 24, 2005

NBA Playoff Preview--Eastern Conference

--posted by Tony Garcia on 4/24/2005
I start this preview by clearly stating: I am often wrong in my predictions in the NBA Playoffs.

I suppose the obvious favorite is the Miami Heat...So I will start with that opening series.

As much as I would like to see an upset her I don't think it is possible. As I write this Miami has already taken Game 1 116-98. Even with the thigh bruise to Shaq and his self-graded health at "F" there is no way that the Nets can stop the Heat.

I pick the Heat in 4.
***UPDATE***
Heat win series 4-0


Next stop is my hope for defeating Miami: Detroit. Overall I think that the Pistons stand a great chance of reaching the Finals. The first stop is against Philadelphia. Iverson is still good, but not good enough to get his team to the 2nd round this year.

As I write this Game 1 has already been played. Detroit won 106-85. I think there will be more of the same.

Detroit in 5.
***UPDATE***
Pistons win 4-1.


One of my favorite players of all-time is retiring this year. Reggie Miller, it has been fun to watch you play. For his send off I hope that the return of Jermaine O'Neal helps get past Boston. I have no reason for this pick (especially since Boston took Game 1 already 102-82) but I'm going with the Pacers in 6.
***UPDATE***
Pacers win 4-3.


Do we call this series the Jordan connection? Either way I think that this series is like the play-in game for the NCAA basketball tournament. The winner will go on to certain defeat. So this series does not matter too much. Let's go with (coin flipping) Bulls in (dart being thrown) 6 games. Oh yeah, as of the writing of this preview the Bulls already took Game 1 103-94.
***UPDATE***
Wizards win 4-2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home