/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Challenger to Pawlenty

--posted by Tony Garcia on 12/22/2005

As some of you may know Andy has been in contact with someone who is seriously considering a run for Governor. The update (from various postings by Andy):
I’ve just caught wind that a person will be running for Governor as an independent from the right.

I cannot say who, but I can assure you that this person is on the right side of the political spectrum. The person is very upset with Pawlenty’s recent policy decisions, and has decided to challenge him for his job.
...
They have been waiting to see how certain things play out as far as the State Legislature goes, before they go public.
They are setting up a campaign team already, composed of people from all parties, independent, GOP, DFL. Truly non-partisan.
They will be trying to get the Republican endorsement, not just running in the general, like I had said.
This is not just a defeat Pawlenty mission as many in the blogosphere had feared, myself included.
The person strongly believes that they would be a breathe of fresh air in St. Paul.
From their years of experience in operating a business, they know how to make people work together which is definitely needed.
They do not want to defeat Pawlenty at the expense of getting a DFLer into office.
They actually want to win, and think they can.

I told them that I have been catching holy heck over this little secret, and that everybody wants to know and won’t stop asking me about it.
The person plans to make the formal announcement sometime next week.
I want it clearly noted...to the possible GOP challenger to Pawlenty...
...I want to help you on your campaign, so feel free to contact me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home