/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Karl Rove

--posted by Tony Garcia on 7/12/2005

I find it no coincidence at all that while scandals pop up throughout the CRNC that Karl Rove built the scandal around Rove himself deepens.

Before I go on...WARNING: I am not the circle the wagon type of Republican (like Hoplin, Eibensteiner and Gourley supporters are). I try to be consistent in my views, left or right, right or wrong. So, those who think that fight #1 is about the elephant vs the donkey in a moment are going to be pissed off.

I know, the source of the Rove scandal is full of liars (MSM, the liberal left, counter-Americans, Bush-haters, etc), but their mode of operation may have worked. Throw up every accusation cuz one may be true. And as far as the left goes, well, let's just say that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

So if it turns out the whole 'Rove leaked some reporter's wife's profession as CIA agent' has any merit then it should be dealt with properly. From what I understand simply mentioning the fact that someone is a CIA agent is against the law. In which case, if Rove is guilty, he should be booted out of his position, lose his clearance and be charged criminally. I do not care what his position is, I do not care what party he is.

Do I think he is guilty? Judging by his legacy within the CRNC and what his followers there have done, I would bet that he did do it. And if I'm right I hope he gets the same treatment that any other citizen would get.

What I find interesting is that while the reporter who protected Deep Throat in the Nixon ordeal was put onto a pedestal for never ratting out his source no reporter maintains the "code" within reporters by castigating the reporter who ousted Rove as his source. Again, the reporters are guided by their biased ideology...and cannot be trusted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Bogs said...

As I understand it, the law about revealing a CIA covert agent's name is designed to protect our covert agents when they are out of this country. In order to violate the law, you must reveal an agents's name who is presently both out of the CONUS and in a covert situation. Neither of these conditions were met when Rove mentioned that Wilson had been sent to Niger by his wife who was a CIA agent. Don't want to parse words, but don't you think one ought to have actually violated a law before we convict him?

July 13, 2005  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

I admit that until last week I did not pay any attention to this story because it was one of a long line of "scandals" that the MSM & the left created with the hopes of (1) killing Bush's support through repeated attacks and (2) hoping that eventually one of the scandals would have a shred of truth.

That said, my spin meter is going crazy when I hear the GOP's version/defense. My spin meter is going off with the Dems version also.

Trillin, I believe the actual quote was to that anyone who broke the law would have no place in Bush's White House. Semantics, I know, but considering how the left claims Bush says so much that he never said I think it is important to know what was said.

Let's look at the facts. What are the facts? Those are absent from both sides. I should be able to at least understand the whole story from at least one side and all there is fingerpointing and accusations.

Bottom line: If Rove did violate the letter of the law then he should be prosecuted (and I won't bat an eyelash caring about him either).

July 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home