/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mortensen withdraws from race

--posted by Tony Garcia on 11/08/2005

Scotty Mortensen withdraws from the 6th Congressional District race. In an e-mail sent just minutes ago he wrote:
I began this campaign as an ordinary citizen to run for US Congress to speak up for the interests of everyday people. Unfortunately, we have not generated enough contributions and support to continue. I now formally withdraw from the 6th District Congressional race. These 2006 elections are critical for Democrats to take every possible seat in order to regain control of one, or both houses of Congress to force Republicans to begin to deal honestly with the American people. I feel I can best help the Democratic Party by stepping aside now. In the coming weeks and months, I will be contemplating how I can best help effect political change in our state and nation. I wish to thank all
those who have helped and contributed to my campaign. One of the best things that has come out of this is all the wonderful friends I have gained throughout the campaign, and that alone has made it worth it.

Sincerely,

Scott Mortensen

This leaves the field down to a presently uncontested El Tinklenberg (who we interviewed on Race to the Right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home