/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

--posted by Tony Garcia on 12/24/2005

To all of my readers I want to wish you a Very Merry Christmas.

Christmas to many is but a time for gifts. For some it is family. For others it is about religion.

It is not those for me.

I would like the holiday to be about family for me, but it is not. My parents and my brother are all that is left of my family...none of them have visited in the past 10 years.

I would like it to be about friends. But I try to make the whole year about friends.

So what is Christmas to me?

Christmas to me is about humanity. It is the time of year when people seem to be a little more focused on helping a stranger. There is a little more greeting and cheeriness at this time of year. It is the time of year when my already somewhat charitible pockets open up a little more. The Salvation Army gets my spare change around the beginning of the month...but by this time I will drop a $5, $10 or $20 into the buckets.

But regardless of what it means it does still have that special something about it. I want to wish to all of you a piece of that special something.

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home