/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

KTLK 100.3 is my station now

--posted by Tony Garcia on 1/03/2006

I must have missed the discussion that had the new KTLK 100.3 lineup. I know that Rush is on there live and KSTP has NOTHING worthwhile besides Bob Davis.

But the clincher (for now) is Glenn Beck is on from 2-4 (though the show is 3 hours long). Glenn has been on vacation last week and this week but will be back next Monday. If you have never heard him you must give his show about 4 weeks before you REALLY get how awesome it is. I think he has the best show on the radio.

Now, Beck is on delay. I don't care since I have been an Insider for a long time, but now the rest of Minneapolis gets to hear this show.

Dial is set hard on KTLK.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

It doesn't take that long. I listened to Glen Beck for a couple of hours during a cross country car trip a while ago and he was awesome. I actually planned a car trip to New Mexico around where I could pick up Glen Beck, and when I saw he was on KTLK I knew you'd be pretty geeked. Better be sure to tell the station manager about it though, come August Beck will be the first head on the chopping block to make room for Sean Hannity.

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

I think it would do the station very well to move Glenn to his 8-11 slot to make room for Hannity.

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Kevin from Minneapolis said...

I listened to it today and I think it has a lifeless quality rivaling MPR. I was home sick from work and I think listening to the morning show actually made me feel worse. Kessler wasn't bad, though. That producer of his has to go though. I missed the Janacek and Lamper show, but I want to catch that.

All in all, after two days, it sounds to me like a station that could use a few more weeks of rehearsal.

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

I rarely listen to the guys that fill in for Glenn. He lets his friends fill in and there is a reason that his friends are not national yet.

Janacek & Lamper: UGH. I think they got together on yesterday morning to figure out what their show would be. Can they be a PM powerhouse? Maybe. I don't see it. At this point I would say that Marty & I are leagues ahead of them.

January 03, 2006  
Blogger R-Five said...

I listened some this morning and Rush, heard many technical mistakes and few paid spots. It will take a little time.

I'll be surprised if they put Hannity right behind Rush. Judging by some other accounts, I suspect he's destined for 5-8pm, just before his TV show that he pitches throughout his show. Rush doesn't leave much left unsaid nationally, so 2-5pm should be local.

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Pete Arnold said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 04, 2006  
Blogger Pete Arnold said...

on AM 1500:
Garage Logic Rocks.
allong with Limbaugh,but he is gone now.
and lets not forget:

AutoTalk with Paul Brand on the weekends! Many a day spent listening to him while wrenching on something in my garage.

the new guy (Willie Clark) they have on in place of Bob Davis sucks major though. he is so bitter and angery. Rush is usually a little bitter, but he cites facts, instead of this new guy blathering opinion mixed with what seams like pent up childish anger.
and Sean Hanity... I like what he says, but I can't stand listening to him for long.... like a broken record.

Oh, Yea.. Tony and marty.. you guys do a good job too ;)

January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home