/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Friday, May 05, 2006

I can only say I told you so

--posted by Tony Garcia on 5/05/2006

Two reasons I left the party. First is the memberships acceptance of party-over-principles. This is the idea that electing anyone with an "R" behind their name is better than anyone in any other party. This also means supporting them regardless of if the candidate challenges one's own core principles (ethics, for example).

The other reason is the win-at-all-costs that the GOP members endorse. This is what allowed Eric Hoplin to win as Deputy Chair of the MN GOP, allowed Paul Gourley to win the Chair of CRNC and it is what is proving to be the mentality of the Bachmann supporters.

I have been saying that Bachmann would stop at nothing to fix as many elections as possible. It seems that the rumors of Bachmann Backers trying to alter the rules on a typically scarcely attended first night were true. Leo at Psycmeister has the scoop:
The Bachmann campaign was busy for the last hour and a half trying to manipulate the rules to serve their purposes. First of all, one could see that Bachmann's campaign manager was up there with what could only be described as color-coded, red and green cards, and giving what appeared to be (yeah I know this sounds crazy and black-helicopter like, but--) marching orders to Bachmann delegates, who appeared to be well coordinated in their motions to amend the rules.
I think you jerks who have been on me since the BPOU convention because I called Bachmann's Backers "lemmings" need to reassess your position. Of course, I expect them to continue on because THEY ARE LEMMINGS BEING TOLD WHAT TO SAY, WHEN TO SAY IT, AND HOW TO SAY IT. They cannot think for themselves so they need a green card/red card system to tell them. This is the intellectual depth of the Bachmann Backers.

And thank you, but I am not accepting the "hey, she is just organized" defense. No, her people are just that stupid. Sorry. And the tactics are that underhanded...to the point where even the Backers can't tell what is good and what is not.

Leo continues:
The first attempt was a motion that one could not adjourn the meeting until all the business on the agenda was completed. Then a move to get a credentials report for every third vote. Finally, there was a last minute amendment for the candidates to limit their floor time tomorrow to 15 minutes. Mind you, all of these motions were put forth by people in blue Bachmann shirts. And all the while there was the Bachmann guy in the blue sport coat, waving red and green flash cards.
I told you so. This woman is far from the model of morality that she and her lemming followers want you to believe. She is a nasty, black-hearted woman. Behind the scenes she even worse. She is a compulsive liar who will say ANYTHING to get what she needs...truth and facts be damned.

Leo says:
In case Ms. Bachmann ever wondered was why I'm not supporting her (and will refuse to lift a finger for her even if she is endorsed), I invite her to read the above.
Seriously, this woman is so bad for the state and the country that I see less danger in electing Patty Wetterling than in electing Michele Bachmann. And expect that to be something I repeat often during the election cycle. "I'm a hard-line conservative, but Michele Bachmann is more of a danger to this country than Patty Wetterling...vote Wetterling." If you Republicans do not want to have THAT getting repeated over and over (as I will send that audio out to anyone that wants it) you better not send Bachmann as your candidate tomorrow.

I have told you that she is evil...in fact, her own words say it. (I will have the audio clip of Michele Bachmann saying, "Michele Bachmann is evil" tomorrow night on this blog for ANYONE to use if she is endorsed.)

Good luck...as she has done some very serious damage to the 6th GOP structure that will take 2 years at best to begin to repair...she is doing catastrophic damage to the GOP's chances up the ticket this year.

And I can sit back and say, "See, I Told You So."

8 Comments:

Blogger Gary Gross said...

Your rantings are so idiotic that they barely warrant a response. That said, you calling her evil is too far beyond the pale to ignore. That's a statement that I'd expect from Dean, Pelosi or someone from DU or the Daily Kos. Don't look now but your extremism is showing.

I've met Michelle Bachmann several times. I've corresponded with her in emails during the DOMA debate in the Senate. Evil is the last thing I'd call her.

Good riddance to you from our party. Take your ball & go home. As for you distributing this audio, who cares? It isn't like you have any real influence with real voters.

You should rename your blog "Always Hard Right, Usually Wrong." It's closer to the truth.

May 06, 2006  
Blogger lloydletta said...

Egads Tony - and I thought I was tough on Michele Bachmann. You have me beat.

Michele Bachmann is an excellent speaker (what she says is usually nuts) - so she does very well working with the media. All too few reporters fact check her. An example recently is the cable bill story. Michele claimed these bills were for public access so she could watch school board meetings. I understand that public access cable is free in Washington County. Doyle had copies of Michele Bachman's cable bills - those bills were not for public access only service - so why didn't he ask her why she requested reimbursement for cable that included services way beyond just public access.

May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"(I will have the audio clip of Michele Bachmann saying, "Michele Bachmann is evil" tomorrow night on this blog for ANYONE to use if she is endorsed.)"

Great work Tony..but I'm betting you're going to find it difficult to convince anyone who matters to drink the kool-aid that allows special people like you and Eva Young to hear these special messages.

What's your favorite flavor man? Cherry or no, the Lime right? Right?

May 07, 2006  
Blogger lloydletta said...

Tony, as I think I said before, I think you should stay in the party and work for change from within.

I've never called Michele Bachmann evil, even though she says that gays are evil. She is someone who can't be trusted to tell the truth about anything - and always requires fact checking.

May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, where does a guy get a record player that works backwards these days?

May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Yeah baby, listen to Eva...she's the three ton elephant in the GOP's waiting room.

And talk about clout!

Better yet, maybe you two could start your own party!

There is so much material here I just don't know where to start; guess I'll begin by wiping up the coffee that shot through my nose just now.

May 07, 2006  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

Swiftee--"record player that works backwards"
First...that is funny.

I am guessing you are referring to the audio clip. There was no need to alter any audio. That is the actual audio as it aired on 8/14/06.

Why did I keep that audio? Because I knew back then what this woman was actually about and knew the clip would be good to have.

Eva--I think you can see by the reactions by the GOP loyalists that they are too quick to abandon their principles for the party. I do not want to be a part of that. Their driving goal: get the party candidates elected. What would be the better goal: get the best candidates elected.

I have no allegiance to a party that (a) refuses to allow access to candidates because they have the "audacity" to challenge an incumbant (b) refuse to hold to their mantra of "character matters" (c) refuse to listen to dissent and (d) engage in the same tactics that they complain about from their opposition.

If Hitler were a Republican and Jesus were a Democrat most of these people would have little problem selling out their principles to get the Republican elected.

I cannot stand with that.

Gary: I call her evil in light of what I have witnessed or heard from reliable sources. I cannot believe that a person with a good heart could do even a fraction of what she has done in the past year alone. (And I am not including the single-handed damaging of her own party for her own personal gain.) In fact, I have heard from many sources of an incident yesterday at the convention that, if true, should drive principled GOPers to abandon her now.

May 07, 2006  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

Brent...I don't understand the "time machine" comment. I saved the audio from the podcast.

As for the incident...I have to talk to the actual victim first. If she is willing to discuss it further then the story comes out. If she is not then Michele gets away with it scott free.

May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home