/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bracing for a new wave of threats

--posted by Tony Garcia on 9/13/2006

Three times this has happened. A wave of hits comes from http://www.hrccadmin.com/sound_and_the_fury.asp which seems to be a page within the membership protected area of the House Republican Volunteer Center. Then within a few days of those hits I get threats via e-mail, blogs and comments. These three were actually the 2nd, 3rd & 4th "isolated incidents" in this manner.

There was what turned out to be the first rash of hits where I thought nothing came of it. After spending a good deal of research from colleagues we discovered that coinciding with that first wave of hits was the beginning of a movement to attempt to destroy my livlihood and threats to my family in a similar manner. THAT did originate from GOP members and GOP employees.

As Jason Lewis frequently says, enough anecdotes lead to a reality.

So, I have begun getting a new wave of hits from the above mentioned link. I wonder what number of threats and harrassment I can expect in my personal life over the next few weeks.

(NOTE: why is the MN GOP icon on this post? Because some of these people are employed with the MN GOP.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger T. D. said...

This is outrageous, Tony. Does the House Republican Volunteer Committee refuse to investigate what is happening through their site?

September 14, 2006  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

I have had no response.

Here in Minnesota it is all about keeping the people either in line or quiet. They act like the politics here is cleaner than elsewhere but it is not. I have witnessed candidates and their people threatening intra-party opponents, I have heard numerous stories of people being stalked...and this is from the party members. Politics is ugly, and it is ugly here. I have little doubt that it will over the coming years get physical and violent.

But, hey, it is all in the name of the Party winning, so it must be alright...right?

September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home