California sues 6 auto makers over Global Warming--posted by Pete Arnold on 9/20/2006
California is suing 6 auto makers (including: Ford, General Motors, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota, Honda and Nissan. What, no BMW or VW?), charging that:
greenhouse gases from their vehicles have cost the state millions of dollarsWait... they have got to be kidding... maybe I haven't read far enough. Lets see what MSNBC is reporting here...
State Attorney General Bill Lockyer said the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Northern California was the first of its kind to seek to hold manufacturers liable for the damages caused by their vehicles' emissions.Woha, no, their not kidding. They actually believe this crap! Lets see... how is MSNBC reporting it:
Lockyer, a Democrat, said the complaint states that under federal and state common law the automakers have created a “public nuisance” by producing “millions of vehicles that collectively emit massive quantities of carbon dioxide.”
Carbon dioxide emissions and other greenhouse gases have been linked to global warming.Bull! How can they say this?? Linked to global warming?? According to the EPA, Carbon Dioxide isn't even a pollutant! I've asked questions on this before... questions, in fact, to other members of The Church of Global Warming while at All Gore's fantasy movie.
I've shown graphs like this:
And still, dispite the fact that my Chevy Tahoe wasn't around with the dianasaurs... my Chevy Tahoe is causing it now? All Gore mentioned temps weren’t going up and down when he showed the graph going back 1000 years, but the graph he showed going back 600 thousand years wend up and down as well. New York Times has jumped around on the global warming topic:
Sept 18, 1924: "MacMillian reports signs of New Ice Age"
March 27 1933: "America in longest warm spell since 1776; Temperature line records a 25 year rise"
May 21, 1975: "Scientists ponder why world's climage is changing; A major cooling widley considered to be inevitable"Time magazine has also been on this:
Sept 10, 1923: "The discoveries of changes in the sun's heat and the southward advance of glaciers in recient years have given rise to conjectures of the possible advent of a new ice age"
Jan 2, 1939: "Gaffers who claim that winters were harder when they were boys are quite right... weather men have no doubt that the world at least for the time being is growing warmer."
June 24, 1974: Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studing may be the harbinger of another ice age."
April 9, 2001; "[S]cientists no longer doubt that global warming is happening, and almost nobody questions the fact hat humans are at least partly responsible."So, the three questions I've posed:
- If the earth's temp has been going up and down and up and down, how is it our fault this time when it wasn't our fault in the Precambrian, Silurian, Premian, and Cretaceous periods?
- If the earth has been warmer then it is now, for most of the earth's life, why do people think our current temps are normal (when it looks as if current temps are lower then the average/norm)
- Is it possible, that perhaps, the last 100-150 years of temperature records are no enough to base any opinion? after all, time and NYTimes have gone back and fourth allmost as often as the temperatures have in earth's history.
I don't doubt that the earth MAY be getting warmer, after all, from what I can tell, we're at a low now. But unless you can answer these questions, then there is no reason to believe that humans are causing global warming. I tried asking these questions at the viewing of All Gore's Fantasy movie, but after people stopped booing someone challenging them, the only answers I got involved Big Oil, and Hurricane Katrina.
1. To my 1st Question: The Earth has natural temperature cycles and no scientist will claim differently. The way in which the earth can do that is through numerous and complex systems that help it to regulate temperature. Man is having an impact on those systems because of our activity - that is what the science shows. When enough of those systems get thrown out of whack it will have disastrous consequences.I can't make this up, folks. This guy babbles completly around 3 very good questions that shake the very foundation of the Church's belief. (When I say "The Church" i'm refering to the Church of Global Warming). I need to take a minute, these people form the Church of Global Warming anger me so much, I need to let out some stress... I know the perfect way. I'll go out and drive my Trans Am. More to this... when I get back.
2. The answer to my 2nd question: Think about a bathtub - if you draw a really hot bath the water is very hot when you first get in. But once you've been in there for a while you get used to it. Humans have no frame of reference for the past. Furthermore, the analogy of a frog in a beaker of boiling water in Gore's movie is a good one too. If you are in a system and it gets hotter gradually you don't notice.
3. The answer to my third quesiton: This is where all of the misinformation starts coming in. It is in fact true that we have only been physically recording temperatures for a short period of time. But it is also true that scientists have been able to determine temperatures for a much greater period of history based on things like ice core samples. If you watch the movie you'll see some of that data and you are welcome to explore it yourself. I have also seen a few programs on the Discovery channel on that subject.
"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly." John F. Kennedy
Raven – August 7, 2006 – 7:14pm
********** Update: 10:30pm **********Ahhh, there is nothing like the feeling of an American V8 engine running through a 6-speed transmission. Freek'in Orgasmic.
Anywhoo, back to the crazyness. So far, NO LIBERAL ARGUEMENT has been able to answer the questions I’ve asked. No one from the Church is able to tell my why the earth's temperature seams to now be lower then the norm (in the span of the Earth's history).
And this thing in California. What we have here, friends, is a horrible disgrace... an attack on industry, funded by the California nutball government. By suing these auto manufactures, they are FORCED (much like they auto industry is forced to do so many other things) to spend money to defend themselves. BIG money. The numbers are not out yet, but I bet you my left Chrome exhaust tip that the money spent on lawyers alone will be more then I can make in 20 years.
All for what? For some Treehuggers to try to stick it to the man? For some UofM student to feel better about their Hybrid?
No, I'll tell you what this is.
The number one reason this lawsuit is going on is for the Church to push the Global Warming issue into the spotlight and to put it through, in one final giant push, as Proof that this crap is happening, and that
Now, watch me spin it like it was Vinyl.
When anyone tries to prove that humans are causing Global Warming, and I mean realy prove (none of this Katic Couric garbage), they are going to ask questions like I asked. Questions that can't be answered with the kind of answers the Church wants to hear. And when the dust settles, this rabbit hunt that the Democrats and their Church are playing, will turn in to a pot of gold. A pot of gold with a big huge sign that says "The Earth has warmed without Chevy Tahoes, and it will warm with Chevy Tahoes."
But you could easily burry this type of news in the "opinion" section of the StarFib and call it "the speak of Sock Puppets of the Administration, backed by the greed of Corporate America."
Man, I can read these guys like Dr. Seuss can lay down the rhymes.