/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Are Kerry's Remarks Really A Surprise?

--posted by Pete Arnold on 11/01/2006


If you haven't herd already, the Ex-Presidential candidate had something to say about the United States Troops who are serving in Iraq.

You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.
Later, after getting demands for an apology from John McCain, The President of the United States, The Whitehouse, and the VFW, Kerry said the remark referred not to the troops, but President Bush and his failed policies. What do you think? Lets look at the quote again:

You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.
Now, President Bush graduated from Yale where he received a bachelor’s degree in history in 1968… and I know a Yale education may not mean much to some, but President Bush, not only just went to Yale, but then he went back and earned a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975. Now, I know Harvard may not mean much to some but… He did go on to do things like become Governor of the State of Texas, as well as a two term President of the United States.
Does it really sound like Kerry was bashing not the troops who are serving in the military (of which 73% of them have gone to College), but the President and his Policy? After the demands of the apology, Kerry had this to say:

I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy.
Funny, I didn’t think a War was a Policy. Besides, by your own quote, you wern't commenting on President Bush, but the people serving in Iraq! Anyway, doesn’t this make you glad that this suck’a wasn’t elected President?

Kerry has now canceled his campaigning for Democrats. You see, the trouth hurts more then lies in this case, and this is truly how Kerry feels. The Democrats have been Anti-ANY-War since Vietnam, and it doesn’t matter if our enemy can’t be reasoned with. Instead of supporting our troops, he insults them and their smarts. This, friends, is your United States Democratic party.

You can vote on what you think about Kerry's comments here: Anti-Troops or Anti-Bush?

********** UPDATE **********
This just in, Folks, but John Kerry Now (Flip Flopping like usual) is now apologizing, but not for insulting the troops, but... well, you read:

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member or American who was offended

Am I reading that right? Is he apologizing for "Misinterpreted Words?"
I don't want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

I'm Sorry, John. But As someone who has the ear of the nation, you need to make sure what you say is accurate, or perhaps, say you’re sorry the first time. What’s happing here, folks, is John Kerry, is not really sorry. (If he was, he would have said it the first time when he was asked to apologies) John Kerry was told by, among many others, his staff that he had better say he's sorry for saying what he did, even if he meant it other then how he said it... because this is a major pouch screw for the democrats a week before a midterm election.

Now, if he did mean this to be an attack against the president, then refer to my comments earlier in this post. President George W Bush is anything but what he was saying... so perhaps instead of hating our troops (which you can't support the troops but not the War) perhaps he was just slandering the President of the United States of America.

Democrats are saying that Republicans are lying and smearing what Kerry said, but I don't think that’s possible. Tony Snow from the White House backs up why I say this:
If you listen to the tone of voice in which he said them, it's hard to construe them as a joke. It didn't sound like he was trying to make funnies,
Last here, Kerry says:
As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: My poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and [was] never intended to refer to any troop
Two points for this.
1. If you are so against war and combat and what not, why keep bringing up your "Combat Veteran" status? You, after all, denounced the US Government during your political yelping after Vietnam and oppose anything having to do with the military these days ever sence.
2. If you never intended to drive drunk into the side of a school buss, that doesn't mean we just let you off the hook. You said it, John Kerry. No Backs. The Media will be more forgiving to a democrat then I will be.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Garcia said...

I'm going to give my 2 cents on this, but I wanted to ask YOU, pat, if you could explain exactly how the joke should have been done to get Kerry's intent? (I promise I will not hold it as your own words!)

I had to have someone explain how the joke was supposed to go, but once they did there were so many things that crystalized for me. I have to take a while to let them get sorted out in my head enough for me to articulate it in writing.

Suffice it to say, I mostly agree, it is comical to see the MOCK outrage from the right. They are barking up the wrong tree on this.

I'll explain later.

November 01, 2006  
Blogger Pete Arnold said...

Pat, I am anxious for you to answer Tony's questions, so I can hear what Tony has to say in opposition to my post.

How should the joke have been done to get Kerry's Intent?

November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home