/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Saturday, June 11, 2005

You got feathers? Time to ruffle them

--posted by Tony Garcia on 6/11/2005

Today is the State Board meeting at which the election of the MN GOP Chair will occur. I'm certain that the bulk of those attending the meeting are career minded Republicans who thus have no principles and truly have no understanding of how to make the party stronger. It is that one reason alone that anyone supports Ron Eibensteiner. I have heard or read absolutely nothing besides "stay the course" to support Ron do-as-I-say Eibensteiner. "He has done a good job." Anyone who thinks that should be removed from any job that requires good judgement.

I know when there is a person (typically an incumbent) that does not deserve to maintain their position their supporters will attempt to invoke "the 11th Commandment" from Ronald Reagan. That is what KvM is now doing. It happens all of the time.

The fact is that the 11th commandment is an abused notion. What it translates to today is "don't talk about my candidate, my candidate has no merit and us by invoking Reagan's name you must bow to our entrenched incumbent." Eibensteiner's candidacy today is a perfect example. The spineless use the commandment and the mindless follow their commands. For that reason alone Ron will win.

It is also used by the crooked Republicans. I heard it all the time while a member of the MN CR. And again, the spineless used it to protect their crooked colleagues and the mindless followed it. For that reason Eric Hoplin will win today.

So, the decision is to remain a part of a party that retains incompetent leadership and elects crooks while being blindly supported by people who are ONLY partisan hacks with little actual principle. Or leave the party and lose the working relationships of the good people at the local level where I have worked so hard.

Today a 3rd option presented itself (like for Nicholas Cage in National Treasure). While reading this post I saw the correct course of action in order to save the hard work I have done, attempt to restore the local rule that Ron, Eric and their gang have worked hard to kill, and regain the momentum that the MN GOP had 4 years ago.

See, what the spineless are trying to do today is the same thing that the the Gourley crowd have done in the CRNC: fix the election.

From Residual Force's live report: "Senator Brian LeClair is allegedly under attack. There is a motion to have him removed from the nominating committee" and why was that? "LeClair isw[sic] against Ron [Eibensteiner]." First, Brian has my allegiance. Second, this is the type of crap that Ron & Co (RonCo) do...they destroy the little ones in the way of their will.

What is the answer?
They too want to avoid a mutiny.
The proper course of action for us grass roots people is to mutiny. Votes of no confidence at every meeting, letters to the editor of disapproval...Ron has shat on the grass roots for so long and has the spineless, unprincipled faction of the GOP in his corner. We must fight back. They know that we are close and they will try to squash it. They already tried with Sen LeClair...and I guarantee LeClair will get little help from Ron in the future. RonCo is that petty...personal positioning above the party is what Ron & 100% of his supporters are about.

Introducing the new Tony Garcia: Tony "Gadfly" Garcia. I am the mutineer on USS Eibensteiner's GOP.

I may as well announce it here: Tim Pawlenty will not have my vote nor my support ever again. I will vote for anyone else on the right side of spectrum even if it means writing my name in. Norm Coleman will not ever get my vote again. I will vote for whomever his nearest competitor is (I hope to Heaven that it is someone right of him as well, but anyone will do). I have the same ill feelings about those two now that I had about Judi Dutcher when she ran for State Auditor as a Republican. I am happy to say I voted for her opponent who was to the right of Judi at the time.

My spidey-senses are tingling away for different reasons about Pawlenty, Coleman, Eibensteiner and Hoplin. For those reasons (and I guarantee Tim and Norm will continue to help me build cases against them over the next year) I will not spend one dime, one second and one vote for any of them or those that they personally endorse.

As it was time to turn the guns on the British to start the Revolutionary War, as it was time to turn the guns on the South in the Civil War, as it was time to turn the guns on the Axis in World War II, it is time to turn the guns around to the MN GOP leadership. Ron/Eric is to the MN GOP's cause what Howard Dean is to the DNC. We need to get rid of our problem quickly or we will continue to lose a lot of ground in the state of Minnesota.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Have you tried non-caffienated beverages?

Or fishing?

June 11, 2005  
Blogger Jerry Plagge, Jr. said...

Sheesh! Thanks for the blogging techy tip you gave me, but I agree with Marty. You need to find an outlet man. I choose intense workouts on my road bike, good for body, mind and soul.

Putting all or even "the bulk" of those who supported Ron E. into one bucket is completely not fair at all. A group of delegates I know were split between the "Ron's" and the ones who went with "Ron E." are not "career minded Republicans". They struggled mightily with this the past week and did what they thought best.

Have a beer, relax and think before posting a thought vomit on to your blog. If you really must vent, call Marty, send an email, do something.

Then again, I guess it is your blog and you can do what you want. I guess I just think you're being a little dramatic and rash.

June 11, 2005  
Blogger Marty said...

He always does this, you should try being on the radio with this guy...

June 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home