/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pope Selected

--posted by Tony Garcia on 4/19/2005

The bells started ringing about 2 minutes ago. The white smoke began billowing about 15 minutes ago. AP did not have anything...Drudge did not have anything...so as far as I know I am the first. Well, thanks to the live video/audio I had playing via Yahoo.

I'm not Catholic, but the whole process has been interesting and exciting to me.
10:58 AM 4/19/05

----
***UPDATE***
It seems that I beat Drudge on this story by 8 minutes. I believe that the announcement is to be coming shortly from one of the Cardinals.
11:06 AM 4/19/05

----
***UPDATE***
Just to remind people that once the bells are sounded there will be an announcement within one hour (source:KR Washington Bureau)

The bells STOPPED ringing about 3 minutes ago.
11:28 AM 4/19/05

----
***UPDATE***
The balcony doors opened. The announcement was made.
11:42 AM 4/19/05

----
***UPDATE***
The new pope has come out onto the balcony to a screaming/cheering crowd. It is Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany. He chose the name Pope Benedict XVI.
11:48 AM 4/19/05

----
***UPDATE***
For more information about Pope Benedict XVI and the Pope Benedict lineage check out my friend's, Marty Andrade, blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home