/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Monday, November 21, 2005

New Scorecard

--posted by Tony Garcia on 11/21/2005

On the righthand column you will find a scorecard feature. I HOPE to keep it going through next year's election. What is it? Various races candidates will be listed there followed by a score. The score represents my personal support as a delegate (or would be delegate) in those areas. In various postings while this scorecard is running you will find green numbers throughout posts about those candidates. These numbers represent the effect on the score that the actions, positions, quotes, etc. of the candidates have.

The scores are 100% subjective...but I am open to discussion to convince me that I am being too generous/harsh in the assessment. In the end they only represent how I feel about the candidate (the why is in the postings).

I hope that it is helpful for someone besides myself.

Some candidates are starting off with scores other than '0'. Specifically El Tinklenberg and Mary Kiffmeyer. The reasons are in previous post.

The purpose? To help me keep track of candidates in my area, to help me assess the amount of time, labor, hours and energy I will put forward for a candidate and to give everyone (candidates included) a snapshot of how this delegate views the candidates.

What about being biased while in the media? Well, it is a joke that there is any unbiased news/events medium. And I don't consider my blog's traffic substantial enough to be considered a part of the media.

So there you have it. If there is information about a race that I'm missing let me know. There will eventually be an icon for the scoreboard so you can see easily if a posting has scoreboard updates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Garcia said...

Is there a website for either of them?

November 30, 2005  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

Thank you. When I have a chance I will go over their sites, adjust their scores and add the links to the left column on the blog.

November 30, 2005  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

It's a long way away from time to decide who I would support. Though I did look at their websites and found very little substance (issues) on either of them. One will be getting docked for their endorsements/support that they are receiving.

December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home