/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Final Four

--posted by Tony Garcia on 3/29/2006

The Final Four is here. It is actually at this point each year that I unplug from the tournament. This year will be a little different. I want to watch the Final Four but will not have TV. I am not the only person shocked with the makeup of the Final Four. How many of you even picked George Mason to make it out of the Sweet 16? Of the four teams in the Final Four I picked only one of them to make it to the Elite Eight.

The Final Four are:
LSU (4) VS UCLA (2)

George Mason (11) VS Florida (3)

I am likely wasting my time with this but my picks are UCLA over Florida in the Finals...but I am rooting for George Mason to win it all.

By the way, this is the first time since 1980 that there are no #1 seeds in the Final Four. George Mason had never won an NCAA tournament game; they are the lowest seed (since the 1986 64-team expansion) to reach the Final Four since No. 11 LSU in 1986. All the more reason to hope for them. Look at the road they travelled in this tournament: No. 6 MSU, No. 2 UNC, No. 7 Wichita State, and No. 1 UConn. Gooooo Patriots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home