/* ------------------- begin IP Block script ------------------- Block IP address script Points to php script on blog.racetotheright.com IP addresses are within the script ---------- */ /* -------------------- end IP Block script ------------------- */

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It took less than 24 hours

--posted by Tony Garcia on 12/08/2005

I posed the question yesterday asking how long would it be before the Left (including the media) started to spin the Miami Airport incident against the marshals and eventually the administration. This is where Rigoberto Alpizar was shot dead for claiming he had a bomb.

Well, it was less than a day. I heard reports that Katie Courac was her normal promote-victimhood self. She was asking over and over if it was necessary to use deadly force.

Katie, you are dumber than you are national. Yes, deadly force was necessary. What would have happened if the marshals kept yelling "lay down, keep your hands up" all while the target pushes a button that actually detonates explosives? Then you would probably bitch at the marshals for not taking correct action.

Time magazine has taken to piling on now.
At least one passenger aboard American Airlines Flight 924 maintains the federal air marshals were a little too quick on the draw when they shot and killed Rigoberto Alpizar as he frantically attempted to run off the airplane shortly before take-off.

"I don't think they needed to use deadly force with the guy," says John McAlhany, a 44-year-old construction worker from Sebastian, Fla. "He was getting off the plane." McAlhany also maintains that Alpizar never mentioned having a bomb.
First, can someone please check that passengers voter registration card. I am willing to bet he is a Kerry-is-a-moderate Democrat simply based on the breakneck speed that this guy took to start blaming the federal marshals that saved his life. The fact that Alpizar did not have explosives is irrelevant to whether or not the marshals acted properly.
When the incident began McAlhany was in seat 24C, in the middle of the plane. "[Alpizar] was in the back," McAlhany says, "a few seats from the back bathroom. He sat down." Then, McAlhany says, "I heard an argument with his wife. He was saying 'I have to get off the plane.' She said, 'Calm down.'"

Alpizar took off running down the aisle, with his wife close behind him. "She was running behind him saying, 'He's sick. He's sick. He's ill. He's got a disorder," McAlhany recalls. "I don't know if she said bipolar disorder [as one witness has alleged]. She was trying to explain to the marshals that he was ill. He just wanted to get off the plane."
That's nice...she was yelling out that he was sick. Ooo, sorry, wrong answer. Under an attack situation that could be a diversionary tactic to make the marshals take that double take...enough to allow a person to reach the detonation button. More than that, McAlhany was in the middle of the plane and the target was in the back. He does not know what was entirely said in the back of the plane...or even while Alzipar was boarding. What could be the thing also is that Alzipar's behavior brought attention prior to boarding.
McAlhany described Alpizar as carrying a big backpack and wearing a fanny pack in front. He says it would have been impossible for Alpizar to lie flat on the floor of the plane, as marshals ordered him to do, with the fanny pack on. "You can't get on the ground with a fanny pack," he says. "You have to move it to the side."
Ooo, sorry, wrong answer again. When the police/federal agent says "get on the ground, maggot" you get on the ground quickly. There is not an allowance to empty your pockets, tie your shoes, set your backpack down or move your fanny pack. That opportunity is long passed.
McAlhany says he tried to see what was happening just in case he needed to take evasive action. "I wanted to make sure if anything was coming toward me and they were killing passengers I would have a chance to break somebody's neck," he says. "I was looking through the seats because I wanted to see what was coming.

"I was on the phone with my brother. Somebody came down the aisle and put a shotgun to the back of my head and said put your hands on the seat in front of you. I got my cell phone karate chopped out of my hand. Then I realized it was an official."

In the ensuing events, many of the passengers began crying in fear, he recalls. "They were pointing the guns directly at us instead of pointing them to the ground," he says "One little girl was crying. There was a lady crying all the way to the hotel."
Follow the orders, use common sense and you would not have your "cell phone karate chopped out of [your] hand". The marshals HAVE to take control...in fact they can never let control leave. Hence the shotgun in the back of your neck.

People crying? Small price to pay to make certain the plane is safe and passengers alive. Crying all the way to the hospital? What a tragedy...


Post a Comment

<< Home